Sunday, April 4, 2010

Preschool Repeat...

Asher has been the most reluctant to cut the apron strings. He is the only one that cried when he was taken to Nursery Class at Church. Just when we finally got him to go into class happily on his own, it was time to transition to Primary. Being left in Sharing Time with his Sunbeam class is another tearful experience. This little boy wants to be with a member of the family at all times. It is really hard as his mother to leave him in tears and help him adjust to these new "big boy" life experiences.

I know that preschool is going to be another one of those experiences where I have to walk away and hear Asher crying for me to stay. I'm not looking forward to it, but am grateful to have found such a darling preschool teacher. In an effort to prepare him for this next milestone, every time we drive past his preschool, I announce in my most-excited voice, "Asher! There's your preschool! It's going to be so fun!" The look on his face explains how completely un-thrilled he is about the idea. The other day I was talking to him about preschool and said, "Remember when Eli went to preschool? You get to go to preschool just like Eli did!" Asher turned to Eli and asked, "Eli, do you want to go again?"

What Asher wouldn't give to have Eli repeat preschool and be in class with him...

No comments: