Friday, March 19, 2010

Is That You...


I thought I'd been keeping up reasonably well with brushing Harley's fur.  When I took him into the groomers, he was a total mop-top.  When I told the groomer I would like him trimmed to about 2-3 inches long, she said he was pretty matted, but she'd do what she could.  When I went back to pick him up, I was seriously speechless.  I was looking around at the other kennels to see if the dog that was jumping around like crazy in front of me was really Harley. When I stood there with my mouth open in complete shock, she said, "He really had to be shaved.  If you keep brushing him as it grows out, his hair can be longer."

I kept looking at Harley the whole way home, like I was taking home the wrong dog.  The funniest reaction was Eli's.  When he got home from school and saw this skinny shaved dog bounding toward him, he said, "Harley, is that you?"  He really wasn't sure.

We're getting used to the short-hair version of Harley, but the family all agrees he looks better with that long wavy hair.  Fortunately, it does grow out...

From this...

...to this

No comments: