Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A bedskirt- seriously?!?!

I have absolutely no question that when the Family Proclamation states that men and women have their individual roles, although they are to "help one another as equal partners." Scott is a much better provider of finances than he is a keeper of the home. Just as I am a much better homemaker than a fly-er of jet planes to provide a bi-weekly deposit into our checking account.

I was reminded of this "separate but equal" role that we possess last week. Eli, our beloved bed wetter, had once again had his bed stripped that morning of his pee-pee sheets. I was out for the afternoon doing errands ALONE - (Yes, I said alone and it was fabulous! It was my turn to walk by the mothers with screaming children in their cart and give them a sympathetic smile, grateful it wasn't my day to be dealing with unruly children at the grocery store.) When I got back later that afternoon I noticed that Eli had our king-sized sheet on his bed. After a closer look, I realized Scott had folded our sheet in half to make it fit on the twin-sized mattress. It seemed to me like a lot more work than just looking through the linen closet a little more thoroughly for the right size sheet. "Oh, well," I thought, "It does do the job." It was later that night as I was actually tucking Eli in that I discovered an even more humorous aspect of the "sheet episode." As I was pulling the top sheet up to cover Eli I couldn't figure out what was going on with this weird sheet. It was then that I found out Scott had put an old bed skirt- yes, a bed skirt - on as a top sheet. To me, it was so hilarious I had to break down laughing immediately. I assure you our linen closet has plenty of sheets for each bed. I don't even know where he found that old bed skirt- it had to be buried way back in the deep, dark corners.

Yes, Scott is definitely a better captain of a jetliner than a maker of beds. Unless of course you like sleeping with a bed skirt on top of you....

No comments: