Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Beginning...

I am not giving in to peer pressure. Even though all of my friends have a blog and have tried to convince me I need to start one, that is not the reason for the creation of the Beeson Bunch BlogSpot. After all, why would I add something else to my already endless “to-do” list? Actually, at this season of my life, my to-do list basically consists of keeping three wild monkeys/boys alive and happy. That pretty much consumes 98% of my day. The other 2% I try to spend cleaning our home, maintaining family finances, and trying to preserve some contact with the outside world of friends and extended family. No, the reason for the invention of the Beeson Bunch BlogSpot is that I heard blogs can be printed and bound into a book. This is especially important to me since I am an absolute failure when it comes to keeping any kind of journal or personal history of mine or my family’s life. My hope is that the darling things my children say that are forgotten a few days later will be recorded on this blog. Or the crazy things that seem to happen on a very regular basis with three young boys in the home will also be made note of. At the time, these crazy life experiences can seem frustrating and overwhelming. But I know that at some future time they will be seen as humorous and will bring about a chuckle as I’m old and gray.

This is my desire and motivation for starting this blog. I can’t imagine others will find it that interesting or exciting, but all are welcome to view it who would like to. For me, it is more of an opportunity to make record of the outrageous, fantastic, bizarre, comical, charming, endearing, tiring, once-in-a-lifetime, strenuous, and meaning-of-life events that occur daily at the Beeson Household.

No comments: