Saturday, October 29, 2011

The World May Never Know...

Whenever I have the chance to be in the car with just one of the boys, I try to leave the music off and just let them lead the conversation in any direction they want to go.  It's amazing what they'll talk about when they don't have brothers there to interrupt and disagree with what they have to say.

Last week Asher and I were driving up to Salt Lake and he randomly asks, with his cute 5 year old lisp, "Did God create Hisself?" I told him that we don't know for sure who created God, but we could ask Him when we see Him.  He asked when will get to see God and I responded, "In the Spirit World after we die or maybe after we're resurrected."  He asked when we will be resurrected and I told him when Christ comes back to live on the Earth.  He then asked when Christ is coming back and I told him that no one knows for sure the exact day He will be coming.  There was a pause and then he made this observation, "Just like no one knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop."

Stifling a laugh because I didn't want him to feel embarrassed, I just said, "Yep, no one knows when Jesus will come back to live on Earth and no one knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop."  Asher then replied, "I'll bet Jesus know how many licks it takes... and probably Albert Einstein."


Here is a link to the commercial Asher was referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0epRjfGLw&feature=email

No comments: