Saturday, October 29, 2011

...But Look at That Treehouse!


I have a love/hate relationship with the Family Fun magazine.  It is full of fun craft and activities, which Eli is sure we need to do each and every one.  The projects always LOOK easy, but often end up consuming half of the the day to complete.  Take for example the treehouse shown above.  Although it does look like something that was created lickety-split, it took over 3 hours.  I was really behind with the housework (okay, when am I not really behind with the cleaning?!?!) and was feeling desperate to get the bathrooms tackled.  I told Eli I would make the treehouse with him, but then I needed him to play with Asher so I could get the bathrooms cleaned.  He agreed and was really into the project- for the first half hour.  Had I any idea it was going to take this long to finish, I never would have started.

So next time you're over for a visit, please ignore the lack of housecleaning that has been accomplished and instead oooh and ahhhh over our fabulous cardboard treehouse.

No comments: