Friday, November 19, 2010

Pumpkin guts...

There are many things that I love about Halloween... there is one thing that I really hate- CARVING PUMPKINS!!! Our poor children have not had the actual experience more then a few times because I really can't stand the whole process. I tried to convince them this year that it would be just as fun to paint the pumpkin as to carve it, but no luck- they (especially Eli) were relentless. Eli reminded me MANY times throughout the year that we haven't carved pumpkins in a L O N G time (I take that as a personal victory on my part), but there was no getting out of the chore for Halloween 2010. 

  
The boys did think it was exciting and wonderful. They were thrilled with the faces Scott was able to carve for them based on their own drawings. I had the fabulous job of covering every conceivable area of the counter with newspaper and gutting the pumpkins. Scott had the distinct pleasure of carving the faces. 

Glad we have some pictures for the boys to remember this wonderful occasion because I will be avoiding this activity at all costs each and every Halloween.  There are just some things as parents that, when the children are grown, you won't miss.  This is one of them for me.

No comments: