Saturday, November 13, 2010

Back in the Race - Literally...


After an almost 10 year hiatus, I finally entered another race.  Tiffany convinced me to sign up and I was so glad she did.  It was just a 10k, but it was definitely something I had to prepare for.  It was exciting to have the experience again after a very long break being pregnant and nursing and having small children.  Checking in and getting my packet, pinning my number on, trying to stay warm at the starting line with all the other racers, having people on the sidelines cheering you on, and finally crossing the finish line- it was exciting!  Scott, my parents, and the boys all wanted to be at the finish line.  I finished quite a bit quicker than I was expecting, so they just missed my crossing the finish.  They were bummed, but I was still glad they wanted to be there to support me.   As time more time passes, I'm getting bits of my pre-children life back.  I wouldn't trade my children for any life experience, but it is invigorating to be able to do a few more of these kinds of activities.  Now that I've successfully completed this race, I'm on the lookout for my next one.  I would really like to compete in a triathlon, just a sprint- but a triathlon nonetheless.  I think it will need to wait until all 3 boys are in school full time.  But Baby Steps- one baby step at a time...

No comments: