Thursday, May 27, 2010

Compliment?...

As part of my Exercise and Nutrition class, I had a fitness evaluation done.  When the darling evaluator, who is probably in her early twenties, asked for my birth date, she said, "WOW!!! I would never have guessed!  You look fabulous!"  Did she mean, "You're so freakin' old I can't believe you can even walk without a cane or walker or something!!!"  I think she meant to be complimentary, but she was so over-zealous in her response, it made me feel like I was 37 was really close to 107.

To add insult to injury, a few days later we had a contractor here who was looking at our wedding picture on wall and asked, "Is that you?"  Is that me?!?!  Who does he think it is- our neighbor's wedding picture?  That I'm old enough to have a married child?  Okay, so I was still in my working-around-the-house clothes with no make up or anything.  But I was completely unrecognizable?!?!

No comments: