Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh, What Joy...


The boys have always loved jumping and playing in the "ball pits" found at different children play areas- when they used to exist. I always wondered how many billions of germs were living on those plastic balls, but the joy they received outweighed the chance of catching some illness - so I let them play. The ball pits have become extinct, I would assume because of the aforementioned germ party that existed. When I found a few bags of the plastic balls on clearance at Target, I thought I would be able to create our own ball pit, which would only contain Beeson Germs. I thought an inflatable pool down in the toy room with 450 plastic balls would bring the joy once found only at trips to Chuck E. Cheese or McDonalds. Oh the excitement level was an all-time high when the boys saw all those plastic balls. The level was soon taken down many notches when, after an exhaustive search of the garage and both sheds, there was no inflatable pool to be found. It was then a memory flashed through my mind of a young labradoodle biting a few holes in the pool last summer when the boys were swimming. It was January- there was no running down to the store to just pick up another pool. After an internet search and my refusal to pay $50 for a small pool, the bath tub became the next best option. I was not going to let 450 balls have free-reign in the toy room; they had to be contained in some way. The bath tub became the next best option. The boys have been completely delighted. I am anxiously checking the store each time I go for summer toys to be made available so we can put the ball pit downstairs. But for now, this is working out and I am totally pleased with how happy this makes the Beeson Boys.






No comments: