Saturday, February 20, 2010

Love Fest 2010...

Valentine’s Day included the usual follow-the-string for the boys to find their Valentines from Mom and Dad. Eli and Oakley were actually staying with Grandma Lee Ann on Valentine’s Day, so I was hoping I would get out of the need to string yarn all over the entire house for the kids to follow to the end for their Valentine. No such luck- the boys were hoping the string would be set up and ready when they returned home on the 15th. I cut hearts out of colored paper and wrote something that I love about Scott on each one and attached it to a kiss. Scott was coming home from a trip the morning of Valentines, so I had the hearts set out on the bed. He left a letter for me on the dresser, which was so heartfelt and sweet- the best Valentines gift ever. I'm teary just remembering what he wrote. It was such a nice surprise. I decided to tackle the guest room closet last week since it's become the "catch all" for anything that doesn't have a place somewhere else. During the clean out, I found a shoebox full of letters, cards, and notes Scott and I have written to each other over the years. (Boy, does that statement make me sound old!) The quantity has significantly dwindled over the years and it was a sad realization. So the Valentines letter was perfect timing- it was nice to have such heartfelt thoughts recorded forever.
The day also contained the making of heart-shaped dinner rolls and Jell-O, all to be forgotten - but the Valentine’s Day letter will be forever...


No comments: