Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Happy Family...



I saw this picture inside the cover of The Ensign a year or so ago and made it my personal quest to find a way to get a copy of it. I did an extensive internet search and emailed ever possibility at The Ensign who could help me out. All to no avail. I kept the Ensign cover inside my nightstand, I was not going to give up! I just loved the sentiment this picture captured.

Last month Scott and I were staying at The Armstrong Mansion to celebrate our anniversary and decided to go walk through the Church Museum. There, in the gift shop, was a framed copy of "The Happy Family"! We talked to the employee about obtaining a copy and decided it was too much to spend right then, but at least we knew where to get it now! The woman also told us that the original had been upstairs on a wall near the employee lounge, but Elder Uchtdorf had selected it to have hung in his office.

What a surprise for me Christmas morning to see it downstairs! It was a complete surprise and I was again reminded what a thoughtful husband Scott is. He told me he took it to be framed at a shop the Museum recommended, but he was so overwhelmed with all of the choices he decided to let me do the framing. I can just picture him with all the hundreds of mat and frame options- I'm sure he had no idea how many different options there are and I'm sure his head was swimming with all of the choices.

I can't wait to have this wonderful picture hung in my living room! Hopefully the tender spirit of a happy family will have an influence on ours...