Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where the Time Goes...

Many a night, as I'm reflecting on my day and all that conspired, I try to think of exactly what it was that consumed all of my waking hours. Usually, there is very little physical evidence of what sucked every ounce of energy my body could produce in a 16 hour period. I have to sigh and think, "Well, we are all still alive." Hopefully that brings some level of satisfaction.
A few mornings ago, as I was spending the usual tremendous amount of time cleaning up Asher after a meal, I decided to document what he usually looks like after eating. Independence in an almost two year old is a mixed blessing. Asher INSISTS on feeding himself. If I get my hand even close to the utensil he's using, he does this growling thing. If I push the issue, he gets mad and will throw his entire plate on the floor. So he gets to feed himself and I get to spend a enormous amount of time each day cleaning him up, cleaning the counter and floor up, changing his clothes often after each meal and adding to the already mountains of laundry that are always accumulating in each hamper throughout the house.


All of the boys do love Cream of Wheat or oatmeal for breakfast, which I am glad they do like a hot breakfast.

But it's just the clean up that makes it bad! Have you noticed that if Cream of Wheat or oatmeal is not immediately wiped up off the floor, counter, and dishes it turns into a substance like Super Glue that requires a puddy knife to remove?


"Don't even think about touching my spoon!"

"Eating Cream of Wheat makes me happy!"
Nothing quite like a hot bowl of mush to start the day off right.

Then Asher looks confused, as if he has no idea where all of this mess on his clothes came from. Have you noticed that when you try to wipe off Cream of Wheat it just kind of rolls around- the washcloth cannot seem to pick it up!