Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All Aboard!

Eli has started his second year of preschool at All Aboard Preschool. The original plan was to go to another preschool some others in the neighborhood had been to and really liked. I spoke with the teacher last fall and she told me Eli had the last spot in the class. When I called in February to ask when I needed to send in my deposit, she told me I was actually on the waiting list. I was a bit bugged, to put it mildly, so I decided I'd look for another preschool for Eli. And boy am I glad I did!!! I called the Pleasant Grove City Office and asked for a list of people who had applied for a business license for a preschool. My thinking is if someone goes to the work of applying for a business license for their preschool, they're pretty serious about it. I started calling the names on the list and finding out who had any openings, what time the school was to see how it would coordinate with taking Oakley to school, and the other basic information. As soon as I talked with Stacey, I KNEW she was supposed to be Eli's teacher. I was so impressed with her and all she did in her school. Unfortunately, she didn't have an opening, but we could be on the waiting list. I was totally bummed. I KNEW Eli was supposed to be in her preschool. The next week Stacey called and said that one of the kids in her morning class was going to have to move to the afternoon and said Eli could have the spot if he wanted it. Short of jumping through the phone and hugging her, I made it clear that I for sure did! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh - I love it when things work out how I feel so strongly they should. Why I had such a strong impression that Eli should be in Stacey's preschool, I don't know - at least right now. Maybe not even in this life will it become clear. But I know he's right where he's supposed to be - attending All Aboard Preschool with Miss Stacey.



Not only does Miss Stacey teach 2 preschool classes, but she also teaches early morning (5:00 a.m.!) aerobics and is the Primary President in her ward - not to mention she has four children of her own! I have no idea where she gets the energy to carry on her schedule- she is completely amazing!