Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our Little Professor...


Oakley has been telling us for months that he needs glasses. He was absolutely sure and kept saying he was so excited to be able to wear glasses. Of course we scheduled an eye appointment, but both Scott and I were thinking there was no way he really did because he would tell us what different signs said that were really far away. The day of the appointment I started wondering if the doctor knew when a kid was "faking it." Now I doubt that there are many kids who really want to wear glasses, but we all know Oakley is far from typical.

After an "enjoyable" hour and a half wait for our turn, Dr. Abrams gave Oakley the eye exam and told me he did need glasses. Of course I immediately feel guilty for thinking Oakley was not telling me the truth, for putting off getting him an eye exam for so long, and for passing on such horrible genetics.

Oakley LOVES wearing his glasses. I've been amazed at how responsible he is with them and always making sure he has them for school. He looks so mature and they seem to fit in with his personality - our little professor!

No comments: