Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Saddle Sore...

Although the boys were really excited about horseback riding, I was hoping to wake up on the day of our scheduled trip with some kind of sickness requiring me to stay in bed. I woke up fit as a fiddle, so it was off to Blue Sky Ranch near Park City. I get myself all freaked out when I'm riding a horse, which they sense and then take off and do whatever they want. The guide promised the most gentle and easy-going horse. I hoped the horse wouldn't take on a sudden personality change.

The boys were all fearless.








I got to ride right behind Eli on the trail.
"Please let me live!" was racing through my
mind most of the ride. 
It was a beautiful day and the scenery amazing. Once I calmed down a bit, I did enjoy the ride. Especially seeing the boys loving it so much.

After the ride, we took the long, scenic way home through the Uintahs. It was the perfect time of year, everything was green and lush since the real heat of summer hadn't hit.

Asher had seen Scott cross the stream without getting his feet
wet, so he tried it for himself.

On the way home, we drove through the town of Oakley.
Someone was quite thrilled.

No comments: