Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ragnar...

 Tiffany asked me if I wanted to be on their Ragnar time June, 2012. At the time, it seemed like a good goal and would help me keep my running up. As June, 2013 approached, I began to dread it. I wondered why I ever signed up and was pretty sure I would die on the trail. Since I'm here writing now, I am alive to tell the tale. If I'd known then how much fun we were going to have, I could have saved myself a lot of anxiety. There were 6 people in our car and the only person I knew was Tiffany. But the rest of the team were all really fun and after over 24 hours straight in a car together, it's a good thing.
The card Scott and the boys made for me.
Some people chose to wear some interesting
costumes on the race. I cannot imagine running
in such a get-up...

We decorated the car a bit,
"Girl's Night Out
Run All Night,
Sleep All Day"
We'd sleep any chance we got, on school
lawns, in the car, anywhere!
After we'd all run 3 legs 24 hours later, we crossed the finish
line with the rest of the team.


I will absolutely run Ragnar again if given the opportunity. When Tiffany was checking our team in and another guy heard our team name was Girl's Night Out, he said, "You think this is a girl's night out?!?! You have issues!" Who would have thought running a relay through the night with a car full of sweaty people could be so much fun?

No comments: