Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Indifference Starts Young...


Boys oblivion to girls start even younger than I realized. I took Eli to see a puppet show with the neighborhood play group. When the show was over and we were getting up to leave, Kaiya came up to Eli and said, "Eli, I'll see you at school." Eli just said, "Okay," and started to walk off. I asked Eli who that was and he said he didn't know. When I was talking to Kaiya's Mom later, she told me Kaiya just loves Eli and that she talks about him all of the time. Eli and Kaiya are in the same class at school and she told me Kaiya likes to check out the same book Eli had the week before when they go to library. So cute! So interesting that Kaiya is so interested in Eli and yet he doesn't even know her name.


When Scott took Eli to Math Night at the school, he said girls would come and tap Eli on the shoulder and want to talk to him. He said other students would seek him out to say hi, while Eli seemed pretty indifferent.


I guess I will be thankful for these days when Eli is a teenager and his feelings will change- and he will actually know the names of the girls in his class.


No comments: