Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Know Where They're From...

When we were having some new granite counter tops installed in the kitchen, the store told us they were sending the installer out to make some final measurements before they ordered the granite.  They hadn't mentioned a specific time, and as Murphy's Law would suggest, they showed up at the most inconvenient time.  I had a meeting I had to attend at the school.  Scott was away at work, so I had a sitter coming over to be with the boys.  I had gone to pick up the sitter, a little later than I should, and was running late.  When I got back to the house there were five or six Spanish guys who were each covered in tattoos and piercings standing on my porch.  My first reaction, especially since Scott wasn't home, was to turn around and drive away.  They made me very nervous!  But it immediately dawned on me that they were probably there to measure for the counters.  Their timing couldn't have been worse.  But I let them in and all of my boys and the sitter just stood there with huge eyes in complete silence watching this group of what looked like recently-released prisoners do their measuring, which thankfully didn't take long, and they were on their way.  As soon as they were out the door, Asher broke the silence by commenting, "I know where they're from, they're from California."

No comments: