Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Nation's Capital...

My darling friend, Ellen James, and her family recently moved to Washington D.C. to work for Senator Mike Lee.  Ellen and I both moved to Cedar Hills at the same time and met in our ward- we were instant friends.  We served in a Relief Society Presidency together, carpooled to preschool together, been in Bunko together, and had many Girls's Night Out to get a break from the demands of home life.  Although really sad that I wouldn't be able to see her as often, I thought it was AWESOME that they were going to be able to live in D.C..  I think D.C. would be one of my first choices as far as cities to live in.  There is so much to do in such a small area- and they will have the bonus of being part of all that is going on in politics.

She and Rick had driven one moving van out and Ellen was going to stay at the house while Rick went back home to drive another van of their things out and bring the kids.  With Ellen being home alone for a week and the Senate not being in session so she didn't have to go to work- I just had to go out for a visit!

Her new home is beautiful!  It is also great for guests- two bedrooms and bathroom in the basement for guests!  Yes, I plan on occupying the guest area frequently.  We did some site seeing, got pedicures, and ate at some fabulous restaurants.  We went to see the National Cathedral and happened to come in time to see a service for Martin Luther King day.  We sat in the pews right next to the choir.  The choir was UNBELIEVABLE.   The Catholic service was interesting- the ministers in their flowing purple robes and the candles on the huge staffs, the passing of the Collection Plate.  Just a very different feeling from what I'm used to seeing each week at our services.  It was such a great visit and I really really really do love D.C.  How convenient that one of my favorite people now lives there and has room for guests.

 The National Cathedral

Anything for a great shot!




No comments: