Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Glimpse into the Future...

While staying in Idaho for the weekend, Scott and I took the boys to Rexburg to see how the little town had "grown up" since I was a student there.  The boys and I strolled around the what seemed like double the size campus.  It was impossible not to be nostalgic as I walked through buildings again that I had walked through hundreds of time before.  I always refer to my years as a student at Ricks College as my "glory years."  I did love the two years I spent living there- I had wonderful friends and fantastic professors.  But it was also the first time I was truly my own, independent being.  No one knew who I was before, who my family was, and how I was "supposed" to act.  There were also the insecurities about the future- now what?  As I walked around campus that night, I thought how much comfort and joy I would have felt if I would have been given a glimpse into the future 20 years- to have a peek at myself and my husband and sons strolling around the campus?  I know I would have spontaneously combusted with excitement- what a happy and blessed life I have!

No comments: