Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Trip to the Big City...

In lieu of Breakfast with Santa and riding The Polar Express, we decided to take the boys up to Salt Lake for the night.  I think this will be a new tradition!  We had a lot of fun.  First of all, I was away from home and didn't feel all the pressures of home with so many things to do surrounding me.  I could just enjoy Scott and the boys.  Ditto for Scott, he was away from all of his resposibilities of the home and yard, so we all just got to enjoy each other!

It was incredibly cold!  Even all bundled up, we were chilled to the bone.  The 100% humidity, which isn't common in Utah, reminded me of the days as a missionary tracting in 100% humidity and below freezing temperatures in New York.



Riding the Trax train was an exciting adventure!


The boys were not all that impressed with the lights at Temple Square.  I remember it being magical when I was young, but all I heard was, "I'm cold!  I wanna go back to the hotel!" "I'm too tired, I can't walk anymore!"  "This is boring, let's leave!"






Asher entertained himself going up and down the escalator over and over and over again.
He sat on the way down...

...and laid down on the way up.  I wasn't there, obviously.  It looks like an injury waiting to happen.
  Scott just thought it was cute.

After walking around Temple Square, with what seemed to be the entire population of the State (I guess with it being the last Sunday before Christmas, everyone wanted to be at Temple Square), we went over to the Gallivan Plaza.  Eli really wanted to ice skate, but, fortunately it was almost closing time.  The rink was small and really crowded, so we promised him an ice skating trip to Peaks Arena in Provo another day.






The evening ended with pizza for dinner and swimming until they couldn't keep their eyes open any longer. The boys loved the view from the 17th floor and playing with the safe in the hotel room closet all night.





I enjoyed this trip much more than the Polar Express or Breakfast with Santa.  We'll have to see what the boys choose to do next year.  My vote is definetely a night at the Hilton in Downtown!  Maybe they'll like the lights better next year...

No comments: