Friday, November 7, 2008

One Month Isn't Enough...




I have thoroughly enjoyed the two radio stations that I have found that play Christmas music starting 1 November. I do believe I'm not in the majority with these feelings. Many feel like a traitor if Thanksgiving isn't given 100% full attention until it's passing every fourth Thursday of November. I still feel complete loyalty to Thanksgiving despite my enjoyment of the holiday music before the official Turkey Day has passed. What other time of year do we actually get to hear songs about Christ, His birth and the significance of His life, played continually on public radio? Not only the religious music; but the fun, catchy, cheery tunes of Christmas are much too wonderful to only be enjoyed a short four weeks of the year.


Now I don't enjoy seeing Christmas merchandise being put on display in September. I do find this annoying. I think the commercial aspects of Christmas should be limited to four weeks of the year, but Christmas music - no! It needs additional playing time to lift spirits and to enjoy many sing-alongs while driving in the car.


So if you take offense to Christmas music playing before the passing of Thanksgiving, please don't ask me for a ride anywhere.